Saturday, May 3, 2008

What a weekend...

So, this weekend promises to be a wonderful one. Yesterday was work, hockey and work, followed by rehearsal for the show I'm currently in. Hockey was great, but only ten guys showed up, so it was 4-on-4 for an hour, with one sub and no goalies. Tough, since the boards they put in the goal mouths for just such an occasion are much harder to score on than humans. I woke up rather sore today, and wore the back brace just to make sure I didn't injure myself two weeks before opening.

Rehearsal was very productive and I had a blast. Got home late, slept a little, got up and did it again. The weekend rehearsals are on the mountain now, so we are outside and running around on the heat in the sun, at the top of this gorgeous mountain that overlooks the San Francisco Bay area. The drive up is a little rough--very windy and steep--but the air and the view are worth it. Just got back, and am getting ready for....nothing.

On the slate tonight: a wonderfully relaxing evening, which I have not had in a looonnnggg time. I am going to have a friend over, grill some marinated pork steaks, some potatoes and bacon-wrapped asparagus, watch some of those playoff hockey games I have recorded on my DVR, and generally relax. It looks like it's going to be chilly tonight; may even make some s'mores.

Tomorrow is rehearsal again, then I am going to see RUSH in concert at the Concord Pavillion with Blender and his wife, and one of my best female friends in the whole world. I'll post some photos and a report when I get back from the concert. Or Monday...I suspect I will be hard of hearing and exhausted after the show.

No comments: