Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's a good thing...

My schedule for Oz listed tonight as a commitment from 6-10 at "The Redwoods". Having not done a show with the Mountain Play before, and having done several promo-type appearances with them already this season, I assumed this was going to be something much like. Wrong. When I found out, I teared up a bit.

Every season, the Mountain Play puts on a "concert version" of the show at a care facility in Mill Valley. No costumes (just our official tee shirts), no lines, just the songs. The show is for the benefit of those previous season subscribers who are no longer physically able to go up the mountain to see it. I know, right? Someone is doing something good and kind and giving back. I am proud to be part of it.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Ohhhhh...my dad's friend, "The Earl", would have loved that! He lived his last several years at The Redwoods. He had been the choir director at Grace Cathedral for many, many years and loved musicals. He was a crusty, crotchety old guy and would have loved bantering w/you after the show. Le sigh.

David said...

See, it's stuff like that that made the whole thing so enjoyable. Every single one of them had a story like that, I'm sure. Makes ya feel good inside.