Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Beltane, Walpurgis, International Workers' Day...

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen...


It's the first day of summer in the Auld Calendar. That bustle in the hedgerow? Me reshaping my life, in an effort to make the May Queen more comfortable.

This month, I am doing two shows, working two jobs, part-time single parenting for two boys, and generally being too busy. (See what I did there?) But, as much as it seems like the end of many things (not just the shows going up, but the finalization of my divorce) it also seems like a start of something. Violent and painful, like giving birth, but ultimately beautiful and good.

I wanted to go to the Apple Tree Morris dancing event this morning at 0530 to celebrate May Day, but as I was still awake at 0200 fretting about things over which I have no control, and as I will be working and/or rehearsing all day and will not return home until 2300 tonight, I opted out. Here are some May Day festivities from last year in Dorset, for your quasi-spiritual viewing pleasure:



Happy May Day!

No comments: