Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What is this world coming to? I need a loan...

I just paid $4.01 9/10 per gallon for a fill up. And I was ecstatic. "Only $4.01 per gallon? Woohoo!" Then I thought, what the aitch? Only four bucks a gallon? I remember the good ol' days when it was a buck and a quarter a gallon, and we were happy. (Well, it was higher for a couple of years, and then went back down...what are the chances of THAT happening again?) I was also excited because (a) it was in Mill Valley, where it has been about $4.20 (pun intended), and (b) the guy was literally switching the price up as I was filling up, so I got the last 4.01 gas. But still.

The gig at The Redwoods was delightful. The folks were very appreciative, and enjoyed what we brought. No one brought an axe for me, so the groundskeeper gave me a ten pound sledge (which I could not do the dance moves with). A guy in the ensemble fashioned something for me from a piece of baseboard, a spackle knife, and some masking tape. No one seemed to care. It was a blast.

I wish I could do more stuff like that. Maybe this is the year I go caroling at a convalescent home again. Want to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll join you, but only if we can sing a duet of Marshmallow World. :)

David said...

You're on! :o)