Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bizzay...

Wow, my schedule book looks like someone has been working advanced calculus on it. Yesterday was my dad's birthday. I worked until early afternoon, then ran home and changed, got some flowers and a card for The Batzman for his birthday party (his official day was Thursday). I ran down to see him, then turned right back around again and zoomed up to Santa Rosa to see my friend's play.

Helene is doing a one-woman show in which she plays nine Iraqi women, telling their stories in the context of Saddam and the US tearing the country apart. I heard her on the radio with her directors, and she did a bit from it that was astounding. The show is even more incredible live. The stories are intense, the characters well-developed, and the craft and hard work it takes for her to do this sort of show are nothing short of phenomenal. Go see it. Seriously. Are you still here? It's a short run. Get tickets and then come back and read the rest of this.

Anyway, I went home after that, and got up Saturday to go with my parents to teacakes ("dim sum", for you round eyed folk). We had a great time in the city, and my folks dropped me off in Mill Valley so I could go to a cast party for Oz. Hung out there until about 4, then back up to Sonoma County. Having stayed up entirely too late the previous night, I stumbled around trying to get errands done for the rest of the night (laundry, dishes, cleaning--the house don't clean itself).

Tomorrow, I have a performance of Oz, and several folks are coming, including Thing 1, Thing 2 and the Ex & her beau. Gotta crash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cha!