Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Well, I did it...

...but I didna like it. Today I filed the divorce paperwork. The ex and I were in rare form, joking and having a blast. The guy helping us at the courthouse was perplexed, but relieved to see us not at each other's throats, as I assume he sees on a frequent basis. (This based on the conversation going on in the cube next to us.) We actually saved a couple of weeks by going there, as he could serve her with the paperwork personally. Now I have to wait 31 days before filing the final forms. The dissolution is finalized as of six months and one day--which would make November 7 of this year the big day.

It was good, in the sense that it gets "official" things like legal paperwork, etc. on their way to resolution. It was really hard emotionally, however. She has a boyfriend she is moving in with, and I am seeing someone frequently, so it isn't like we are going to get back together or anything. It is just difficult to think that the fifteen years we spent married is just...over. Too much emotion for one day.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow. David, I'm so sorry to hear about it. No matter how justifiable the reasons for it, it's always sad to hear about the end of a marriage.

David said...

I was going to write some sort of response, but I think it's a blog in and of itself. I have learned a lot, changed a lot, grown a lot, fo sho.