Friday, May 30, 2008

Dad's big day...

My father turned 70 years old today.

I am extremely grateful, as he was given 3-6 months to live when he was diagnosed with cancer a few years back. Needless to say, he is still around, still bailing me out of trouble, giving me excellent advice, and helping me with math and finances. He is a bit the worse for wear because of the chemo and radiation, and the fact that the tumor (which was metastasized) was in his brain. But still feisty, funny, and...well...my dad.

To celebrate, we are going to the Flower Lounge in Millbrae tomorrow for dim sum and Peking Duck. If you have never been to dim sum before, this is the place to try it--not some podunk place with poor food, service and prices. This place treats you like royalty, feeds you the most amazing stuff, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Happy Birthday, pop!

No comments: