Thursday, July 3, 2008

Five from the past...

My computer is still sick, but I did manage to time travel a bit from some drafts on my work computer. (Scandalous, I know, working on personal stuff at my place of business.) There are five posts for you to catch up on, if you are one of "those" people (I know I am):

Two about the truck: here and here
My visit to Zeum
More about the truck, and Rabbit Hole
And the clip of the week from a week and a half ago

In other news....

The company I work for is actually two offices and my desk. It is in a building that houses a manufacturing facility that builds and sells infrared detectors. The kitchen/break room is right near my desk, so I often have the pleasure of listening to everyone talk during breaks and lunch, and get to hear their monthly meeting. This month's topic: 4th of July safety. I get irritated in general that they don't just close the door, despite my many passive-aggressive attempts to shut it when they are in the middle of their meeting. But this one for some reason really bugged me. What business is it of theirs to tell people (for fifteen minutes, nonetheless) about the dangers of illegal fireworks? The tenor of the whole thing was "see how much we care about you, our employees?" Not that they actually did--it just felt like they were trying to show that they did. Ick.

No comments: