Sunday, June 22, 2008

Art and technology...

So, today I spent three hours working on the truck. I checked all the fluids, changed the air filter, fixed the headlamp, all that sort of stuff. I purchased my own TFI--the aforementioned ignition module that I am certain is the cause of my won't-start-in-the-heat woes--as well as a special tool to swap it out, and some silicon gel to affix it to its home on the distributor. But I decided to just wait and see if something else might have been the problem (the oil was pretty low--I have a leak, and didn't realize it was getting so low). It started just fine at noon. Of course, it wasn't as hot today, either, so I figured I would just keep the TFI with the vehicle, and let the old one fail. When next it refuses to start, I'll swap it then. It will be much easier with the little tool.

Had some miscommunication with the ex about where the kids were getting transferred--she thought she was picking them up, I was at her house waiting for her to get them--and was late to see Rabbit Hole over at The Rep. What a fantastic show. I was called back for the male role in it, so I was familiar with the story, and it was a good thing. It was an excellent story, and very well told and acted, but it was hard subject matter. A married couple is toughing through things after losing their four year old son in an auto accident. But et. al. did a fine job, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't get to hang out afterward, because I needed to check on the Things, but it was good work.

Had rehearsal in the evening, went home and collapsed. Thoroughly tired from a full day.

No comments: