Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Broken machines...

Remember me? It's been a while since last you heard from me, right? Well, life has been just crazy busy, and I have been keeping notes in the "drafts", but I just haven't gotten around to polishing and posting them. Here are some highlights, however:

My truck is in a coma. I think it was bitten by a vampire--it only runs when it's dark and cool. In the heat and sun, it won't start. I have put a ton of work into it to try to salvage the poor thing--it is only 1100 miles from 300K on the original engine, and I love it so--but it is just not happening.

My computer died last night. I worked on it in the evening, but when I tried to start it later last night, it loaded everything up except the taskbar and icons. It will still run the screensaver, and I can give it the ol' three fingered salute to pull up the task manager and/or restart, but no actual applications or running or anything. I was going to time-travel my posts last night, and lo! it ain't workin' any more. Not only that, but I fear for the data on that machine now...

Don't hand me anything of yours that requires starting, because apparently my starting aura is faulty right now. I will try to get things back up and running as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like opp for performance art or theater piece.

1. Tow the truck to Burning Man and have a party/funeral when you hit 300k. Must involve welding torches.

or

2. Wake for a Truck. Eulogies, sittings-in. Food.

I won't mention the computer. I hope it revived.

David said...

oh. my. god. BRILLIANT. why not both at the same time? Place your offering in the bed, and ... foom.

Anonymous said...

Burning Man DMV:

http://www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/playa_vehicles/dmv.html

:-)