Sunday, June 29, 2008

Better than I could have asked...

So of course, I mentioned my reticence regarding the party. Reading back over it, I was much more worried about the flow of it all than I let on. One of my personal philosophies is "Hope for the best; be prepared for the worst." That way, you can adapt, you can adjust, and you can avoid the massive disappointment that comes from things Not Going Your Way. Which is tough for a semi-control freak like me.

But I have to say: Wow. What a great gathering. From about 6:45 until about 1:30, there was a constant buzz of conversation in the house. People were laughing, drinking, eating, talking...such wonderful energy. Theater folks talked with work folks, people from different theaters talked with one another, significant others talked with people they had never met before. It was everything you might want in a gathering like that. One crowd (the one that included my folks) left just as the late arrivals came. Another crowd left just as the post-theater crowd came (Rabbit Hole and True West both have friends of mine in them). It was like a super long game of some sort, and substitutions were coming in from the bench all night.

The evening closed with the last half dozen guests and I playing a game of Loaded Questions, one of my favorite boardgames of all time. Finally got to bed around 2am. What a wonderful night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pleased for you, honey. Not only were your guests having a blast, so were you. :) I was happy to meet more of the people that have touched your life and are important to you. Hugs!

David said...

...and I was happy that the networks all formed one loop for a brief moment in time. A lovely night.