Tuesday, June 17, 2008

All abooaarrt! River City next stop...

Last night was the initial read-thru for Sixth Street Playhouse's production of The Music Man, starring yours truly as Prof. Harold Hill. It was a blast. The show is great, it is one of the top five on my want-to-do list, and the music is wonderful. But perhaps the best part was the reunion with many actors I have not worked with in years.

It was almost a joy overload--the guy who directed me in Forum and Charity will be one of the quartet, as well as a guy I was in The Mikado with. Speaking of Charity, the actress who was Charity in that production is working in this show. The actor who played Erronius in Forum is Charlie (the anvil salesman). Several women I haven't seen in years will be the pick-a-little ladies. I haven't worked with this director, choreographer, stage manager, or asst. stage manager in years, either.

In addition, there are several faces new to me that I have heard plenty about. And some that are familiar but I have not worked with in the past. It is an exciting project. Once the kids get added in, it is going to be utter chaos, but what a fun show this looks to be. Come see it--it goes up in mid August and runs through mid September.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations professor! I cannot wait to see your smiling face shinin' up that stage. If ever there were a role for you...*sigh*. What a thrill. Please do tell the remaining top five on your list so I can keep an eye out for ya. :)

David said...

I'll put the others up in a future blog--thanks for the interest!

Anonymous said...

Looking so forward to seeing this - and, confession time - setting foot in 6th Street for the 1st time!! And thanks for being one of the actors who consistently gives shout-outs to the production crew...

David said...

Hey, if it wasn't for the production crew, there would be no production, right? I'm just the guy distracting people from what's really going on... ;o)