Monday, July 6, 2009

Yes, please, Fairy Godmother...

If I had one, I would ask her for a private video arcade in my garage. (Well, to be honest, there are a lot of things I would ask for, but let's start with the video arcade.) I started to make a list of the games I am pretty sure I would Never Tire Of, but it was getting out of hand. Maybe one day it will appear on Living Loud as a work in progress.

In any event, I just saw Michael Jackson's arcade, and had to share the experience with you. No, I didn't get to physically visit, but through the Magic Of The Internet, you can now take a 360° virtual tour. The resolution is amazing--you can nearly feel the presence of Michael's ghost, dropping phantom quarters into the machines.

If you prefer a virtual magazine version of the games, here is the catalog from the auction house that sold the collection. Yes, I am tearing up thinking that it is no longer. No, not as much as for MJ. But close, perhaps.

1 comment:

blender said...

not much in the way of "classics"

Karate Champ
Frogger
Pac Man
Ms. Pac Man Cocktail Table
Dig Dug
Atari Basketball

still impressive though