Friday, July 31, 2009

Putting in for resupply...

Time to dock the ship. She is in need of repair and refit, and supplies need to be replenished.

There is a wonderful book called The Artist's Way. It is a workbook to help you unblock yourself creatively, and it has been very helpful to me on so many levels. One of the concepts the author describes is the replenishment of the soul--she calls it "Stocking the pond"--in order to have more food and creative energy.

She also presented an exercise in which you draw a spoked wheel, with yourself at the middle. Each spoke represents fun, spirit, etc. and you are supposed to rank your activity on each. Then you connect the dots. The idea is that, when you are done, the thing should look like an even web, and if it does not, you know better what to focus on. Currently mine is quite a mess.

I am going to a retreat facility that also doubles as a B&B. And taking my workbook. And my hopes and dreams and all the chaos of my life. And hopefully leaving the latter there when I return on Monday.

Have a great weekend, readers.

No comments: