Thursday, March 26, 2009

Playing catch-up...

So, I checked the ol' archive, and it has not been "several weeks", but over two entire months since last I wrote anything here. How do I catch you up on all that has happened in that time?

Here's a quick summary, then I have to go:

For a time, my ex-wife decided we should split the boys up to help them cope with the things they were going through individually. So instead of having three nights/week to myself, I found myself with one or two. Not much time to get everything done I needed to, but it was for the kids. The schedule has returned to half a week at a time with both boys, and they are doing better now, but the stories from the last two months would fill several blog entries, and I promised I was just going to sum up.

Work has been insane--I went to a trade show for several days, and there have been many days when my boss has been traveling for business and I have had to hold down the proverbial fort.

I have worked on two shows--rehearsing for The Blue Room, a two-actor adult drama, and rehearsed, opened and closed Willy Wonka with my sons as kids/Oompa Loompas. The Blue Room opens next weekend and runs Fri.-Sat. nights and Sunday matinees for the month of April. There has been much behind-the-scenes drama, but that also is fodder for future blogs.

My girlfriend had her birthday, which is two days after our dating anniversary day and three days after Valentine's Day. It is a romantic, wonderful, amazing three days of celebration. My sons' birthdays are both in March--the youngest one's has past already.

My eldest son's ice hockey team went to the NORCAL division playoffs and placed second. This weekend they are going to the state championships in San Diego. If they make the final game, they will play for the state PeeWee B championship on his birthday on Sunday. I told the boys a championship would be an acceptable birthday gift for him. :o) Go Flyers!

My best friend finished fixing, rebuilding, repairing, and repainting my motorcycle, and surprised me with it a couple of weeks ago.

One of my uncles (my father's little brother) passed away this week. Why is dealing with family hardest when it should be best? Marriage, death, reunions...there is so much tension. Oy.

Add to all this the wonderful world of manic depressive disorder and the mood swings I've been experiencing throughout, and you've got a good snapshot of the last twelve weeks of my life. It has been wild.

Thanks to Denise, Blender, and Samantha for prodding me to write again.

More later.

2 comments:

Jonathan E Johns said...

you keep writing, we'll keep reading, and sending good thoughts along the way.

Sam said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. (I just lost another cousin.) Seems like loss is just part of the fabric these days. Yes, keep writing, and keep on keeping on...