Thursday, October 16, 2008

Somewhere in my youth or childhood...

I have a new someone-special in my life, and wanted to take the opportunity to share some things about her. Her name is Denise, we met in theater a few years back, and she is a beacon in my life. I recently found a scrapbook of some of the events leading up to our current relationship status:

Here is Denise, introducing herself to me:

from the musical number 'Baby, Dream Your Dream'
(actually, that is her as Helene in Sweet Charity at the Sixth Street Playhouse. We met while doing this show.)

This is a photo of her picking up a donut and some coffee for me:

or maybe it *is* about the coffee
(actually, that is her as Dawn in Lobby Hero at the Sixth Street Playhouse, a show that is not about the coffee.)

Here she is, upset over not having cream for the coffee:

is this broken glass?!?
(actually, that is her as Suzy Hendrix in Wait Until Dark with the Raven Players)

This photo was taken at the hospital, when she was giving me the prognosis on my donut poisoning:

...but she plays one on stage
(actually, that is her as Caitlin O'Hare in Over The River And Through The Woods at the Sixth Street Playhouse)

An image taken at great personal risk to the photographer, of Denise at a secret ritual to bring me back from the dead:

I will CATCH IT!
(actually, that is her as Hecate in Macbeth at the Loading Zone, a show we did together)

And here is a photo of our first kiss:

wait--did he just KISS HER BACK?!?
(actually, that is her as Hecate in Macbeth again, with yours truly as the doomed Scottish lord)

I hope she will take as much joy from this post as I have from knowing her for as long as I have, and that she will be as encouraged by it as I have been by her constant support, friendship and love.

(all photos culled from www.deniseelia.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG publicizing your relationship! Are you crazy? Oh wait, I know the answer to that.

Anonymous said...

Still beaming. :) I love you. Thank you for this beautiful post. I'm honored beyond words.